We use the...the structures in order to show that a change in a property is followed by a change in another property.
For example, what happens if you earn more money? Well, Yes—you become richer. A better way to convey this massage is using the...the structure:
- The more money you earn, the richer you become.
* adjectives in comperative: more, less, bigger, smaller, and so on.
- The more he eats, the bigger he gets.
- The older she is, the wiser she becomes.
- The more he moved, the more it hurt him.
Note: Remember, after the two "thes" always comes an adjective in comperative!